Tag Archives: Big Blue Madness
Here is one of the videos featured during Big Blue Madness that took the house down!
Tent City Got Pizza at Big Blue Madness Camp Out
The players came out tonight to do some autographs and to hand out some pizza for all of #BBN
— KYwildcatsTV (@KYwildcatsTV) September 30, 2016
It’s all starting, the rev up for the season.
Here are some pictures from UKAthletics.
Check out the full gallery here.
Mike Hicks and Aaron Newton Give a 2 Minute Warning
Give us a call at 859-780-CATS that’s 859-780-2287 and ask a question or a give a comment. We will put you on a future podcast.
On Podcast 32, Mike Hicks and Aaron Newton break everything down in just 2 minutes per topic.
The South Carolina game, the Alabama game, the Stoops Controversy, Big Blue Madness, Oh! Little Brother, a basketball practice report and Chuck Hayes are all covered in just 2 minutes.
You can listen to the Podomatic post here:
Subscribe and listen to us on iTunes
Due to construction, UK has release a map that shows the allowed camp out areas for Tent City 2016.
Here is the map. Blue=Allowed Camping, Red=No camping(UL sucks)
You can click on the image for a larger view.
Parking: (click on the image for full view)
From UK Athletics:
“Tickets for the 2016 Big Blue Madness in Rupp Arena will be available on Friday, Sept. 30 at 10 p.m. at the Memorial Coliseum ticket windows on Avenue of Champions and online at Ticketmaster.com. Big Blue Madness, the first open practice opportunity for UK’s 2016-17 men’s and women’s basketball teams, is Oct. 14 at 7 p.m. It will also air live on the SEC Network.”
“To support regular campus operations and facilitate student pedestrian routes to and from class – which have been affected due to surrounding campus construction – space will be limited to fans wishing to line up ahead of time for tickets. Fans are highly encouraged to use Ticketmaster.com to obtain tickets, though UK Athletics cannot guarantee fans will receive tickets by lining up or going online.
A limited number of control cards will be issued to those camped out on Friday, Sept. 30 at 2 p.m. In a change from previous years, fans will receive a maximum of two tickets per control card Friday night. No more than four control cards will be distributed to each tent. Fans with control cards are encouraged to start lining up for Friday night’s ticket distribution by 8:30 p.m. All fans must be present to obtain their control cards and only one control card per person will be accepted at distribution.”
About the Camp Out:
At the request of campus public safety officials, fans wishing to line up ahead of time at Memorial Coliseum for ticket distribution are asked to do so no earlier than 5 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 28. At that time, campers are expected to be courteous to their fellow Wildcat fans and use caution when crossing Avenue of Champions and Rose Street over to the Memorial Coliseum and Joe Craft Center blocks to occupy a spot in line. Public safety officials will be on site to aid and assist a safe move-in. Campers displaying unsafe/disorderly conduct risk being removed from the line.
To support regular campus operations and facilitate student pedestrian routes to and from class, this year’s camping area will be limited to the following areas:
- The eastern portion of the main entrance of Memorial Coliseum
- Along the east side of Memorial Coliseum and the Joe Craft Center
- Along the east entrance of the main entry way of the Craft Center
- In the Coliseum Lot
- A designated section of the College View Lot
You can visit CoachCal.com for more information.
When we started this blog one of our early blogs that got good numbers in terms of hits was a review of the 2013-2014 Big Blue Madness. I feel like some things were spot on, some weren’t. So, here’s a review of the 2015-2016 edition of the Big Blue Madness.
- #LaFamilia – John Calipari is all about family. Every aspect of his life including business, basketball, and play all come back to remembering others and including family. If you are a player, an ex-player, you are family. From bringing his wife, Ellen, on to the court to giving hugs to Willie Cauley-Stein, Demarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis, to bringing Louie Dampier on the court. It’s all in the family. #LaFamilia.
- Tyler Ulis and Jamal Murray are going to be scoring and creating machines. Briscoe will be a beast by late January. His skill sets are raw and will be one of Calipari’s projects to transform. It will be fun to watch.
- Isaac Humphries is Josh Harrellson “Jorts” 2.0. Bigger. And further along in his offense at this stage. And he’s only 17. I like his want to, his effort and his court awareness. Remember how people tell you Cal can’t coach or develop players? Watch Isaac develop. Cal will create another lottery pick.
- Skal Labissiere has #1 pick skills. He’s going to have to get more physical. But, it’s all there. His offense is ahead of Anthony Davis at this stage of their games and his court awareness is close. Skal is going to get big buckets late in games when we need them. He will be at the line a lot once Cal teaches him how to attack more.
- Charles Matthews will play more than people think. Cal loves guys with his athletic ability. He will be a defensive stopper and looks to have a smooth stroke and can jump out of Rupp. He’s another guy to watch and have fun seeing him develop.
- Mychal Mulder seems to be a step slow on defense, but, has great court awareness in the open court and looks to have a nice form on his shot. Maybe a little nervous tonight, I would be too.
- Alex Poythress still looks unsure and not confident going 100%. That’s OK. It’s 10/16/15. Great seeing him back on the court. For us to be special, Alex has to rise like only he can.
- Marcus Lee is Willie-like in his skill set. I’m hoping he can bring a sustained effort in the areas where we miss Willie, Karl Anthony-Towns, Trey Lyles and Dakari Johnson. A lot to ask of Marcus, but, having his shot blocking and rebounding will be crucial moving forward.
- Folks that taunt us and say last year was a failure. Did they raise a Final Four Banner tonight? Also, the floor video montage was simply amazing. If the recruits in the house tonight weren’t impressed, well, good luck. I’m thinking they were, so, welcome to #BBN! Oh, and Coach Matthew Mitchell is the coolest coach ever. Another great performance here…
Go Big Blue!!! You people are crazy!!!